Paste your Google Webmaster Tools verification code here

One of the most valuable tools available to check for carbon monoxide leaks is a level two video inspection of your chimney. As a company that performs level two video inspections in Ramsey, we have seen many chimneys that are leaking dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. Here are a few things you should know about carbon monoxide, how to tell if you and your family have been exposed and what to do if you suspect carbon monoxide is a problem in your home.

What is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide, also known as CO, is a gas that is colorless and odorless. It can cause sudden illness and death. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include nausea, headaches, dizziness, chest pain, vomiting and confusion. If the levels of CO are particularly high in your home, you could lose consciousness or worse.

How Can You Tell if There are High Levels of CO in Your Home?

One of the best ways to tell if CO levels are getting high in your home is by buying and installing a carbon monoxide detector. They are available at most hardware stores and they resemble a smoke detector.

Level two video inspections by a professional company like Guardian Chimney are also a good way to tell if carbon monoxide could become a problem in your home. Carbon monoxide leaks are one of the things we look for when performing level two video inspections.
What Should I Do if I Suspect My Home has High Levels of Carbon Monoxide?

If you or a family member are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above and you suspect it’s a result of CO poisoning, evacuate your home immediately. Get outside into the fresh air and call your local fire department and emergency responders. Make sure you go to the emergency room or to your doctor to get checked out.

For more information on level two video inspections in Ramsey, call Guardian Chimney at 1-888-688-1388 or Contact Us.