Safety Tips 1-888-688-1388
Be Safe, Not Sorry – Chimney Inspection and Chimney Maintenance
Chimney Safety Tips
Be safe and you’ll never be sorry.
A chimney should only be used when exercising all the appropriate safely precautions. Keep up with routine maintenance, which is key to preventing a hazardous situation. Below are some suggestions to help you keep using your chimney safely for years to come.
- Make sure your chimney sweep is CSIA Certified and experienced.
- Schedule chimney service, chimney maintenance (as needed) and inspection once annually.
- Check the wood you burn in your fireplace – it should be well-dried, seasoned hardwood.
- Monitor your carbon monoxide detector – repair or replace if necessary.
- If you don’t already have one, install a chimney cap.
- Check to ensure that your chimney is waterproof.
- Chimney flashing needs regular inspection and maintenance.
- Does your wood-burning system have a sealing damper? If not, install one.
- A correct chimney liner is critical to your safety. Have it professionally checked and changed if necessary.
- Get a chimney inspection after major lightening/storm events and make sure all chimney maintenance is taken care of promptly.
Call Guardian Chimney at 1-888-688-1388 for more information on our chimney inspection and chimney maintenance services in New Jersey.
$50.00 Off Level 2 Chimney Inspection
Serving the following NJ cities: Westfield | Short Hills | Chatham | Cranford | Morristown | Mendham | Ridgewood | Hillsdale | Park Ridge | Montvalle | Summit | Ramsey | Allendale | Waldwick | Franklin Lakes | Springfield | Westwood | Washington Township | Paramus | Oradell | Emerson | Rivervale | Hackensack | Mahwah | Oakland | Wayne | Basking Ridge | Bernardsville | Bridgewater | Mountain Lakes | Union | Fanwood | South Orange | Maplewood | West Orange | Verona | Caldwell | Cedar Grove | Montclair | Clifton | Glen Ridge | Bloomfield | Belleville | Nutley
Guardian Chimney 110 Chestnut Ridge Rd #133 Montvale, NJ 07645 973.768.8499