Be Safe, Not Sorry – Chimney Inspection and Chimney Maintenance
Chimney Safety Tips
Be safe and you’ll never be sorry.
A chimney should only be used when exercising all the appropriate safely precautions. Keep up with routine maintenance, which is key to preventing a hazardous situation. Below are some suggestions to help you keep using your chimney safely for years to come.
- Make sure your chimney sweep is CSIA Certified and experienced.
- Schedule chimney service, chimney maintenance (as needed) and inspection once annually.
- Check the wood you burn in your fireplace – it should be well-dried, seasoned hardwood.
- Monitor your carbon monoxide detector – repair or replace if necessary.
- If you don’t already have one, install a chimney cap.
- Check to ensure that your chimney is waterproof.
- Chimney flashing needs regular inspection and maintenance.
- Does your wood-burning system have a sealing damper? If not, install one.
- A correct chimney liner is critical to your safety. Have it professionally checked and changed if necessary.
- Get a chimney inspection after major lightening/storm events and make sure all chimney maintenance is taken care of promptly.
Call Guardian Chimney at 1-888-688-1388 for more information on our chimney inspection and chimney maintenance services in New Jersey.
Serving the following counties in New Jersey, NJ: Bergen | Passaic | Hudson | Essex | Union | Morris
Serving the following New Jersey, NJ cities: Jersey City | Newark | Clifton | Caldwell | Hoboken | Bayonne | Paterson | and more
110 Chestnut Ridge Rd #133 | Montvale, NJ 07645
Tel: 888-688-1388 or 800-688-7022